As we prepare for fall and winter programs at the GAI, the health and safety of our staff, members, and guests remains our highest priority. The guidelines outlined here are subject to change based on MDH and CDC guidelines and will remain in effect until further notice. This page will continue to be updated so our visitors know what to expect when you visit a GAI event or class.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- To attend in-person adult classes
- All students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Full vaccination means at least fourteen days have passed since receiving the final dose of the vaccine.
- Students must bring proof of full vaccination status to their first class session. Proof of vaccination includes a physical vaccination card or photo of the card on a mobile device. The name on the vaccination card must match the name of the registered student and their photo ID.
- All students and staff must wear a face covering that securely covers their nose and mouth while indoors. Bandanas and neck gaiters are not considered acceptable facial coverings.
- Students who are unable to meet these requirements are encouraged to select an online class to help them meet their language learning goals.
- To attend in-person youth classes
- All students, staff, and parents must wear a face covering that securely covers their nose and mouth while indoors. Bandanas and neck gaiters are not considered acceptable facial coverings.
- All onsite staff, volunteers, and teachers must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- To attend in-person events where mask-wearing is difficult (eating and drinking)
- All attendees must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 PCR test in order to attend indoor events. Patrons must have had their final vaccine dose at least fourteen days prior to the event or a negative COVID-19 test result received within 72 hours prior to the event.
- Proof of vaccination includes a physical vaccination card or photo of the card on a mobile device that matches their photo ID. Proof of a negative test may be a printed or digital test result that matches their photo ID.
- All patrons must wear a face covering that securely covers their nose and mouth while indoors when not eating or drinking. Bandanas and neck gaiters are not considered acceptable facial coverings.
- Patrons who do not comply with these policies will not be admitted.
- To visit the Haus (i.e. Holiday Open Haus)
- All visitors, staff, and volunteers are required to wear a face covering that securely covers their nose and mouth while indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Bandanas and neck gaiters are not considered acceptable facial coverings.
- Note: the above requirement includes situations where guests stop by the Haus outside of events.
- To attend outdoor events
- The GAI strongly recommends that masks be worn during outdoor events when social distancing is not possible.
- Staff, volunteers, and vendors
- On-site staff are required to be vaccinated. All staff are required to wear masks in public spaces regardless of vaccination status. Volunteers and vendors for events are expected to follow the same requirements as event attendees (depending on the format of the event – see above).
- CDC Mask Guidelines
- Testing Locations
- If you have lost your vaccination card, you may request a copy of your vaccination record through the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Not a Minnesota resident? Visit your state’s COVID-19 website to find test locations and immunization records.
This policy is effective beginning October 1, 2021. Policies are subject to change at any time and will be updated to reflect current CDC and MDH COVID-19 guidelines. Individuals who do not comply with these policies will not be admitted and are encouraged to participate in our online programming when available. If you are unable to attend an event because you are feeling ill, please contact the GAI office at 651-222-7027 to request a refund. For questions about GAI COVID policies or mitigation protocols, please contact email@example.com