Whether a part of a language class, summer camp, or upcoming event at the Germanic-American Institute, please familiarize yourself with our ticket policies below.
- Language Classes
- If there are too few students registered to run a class section, the Director of Language Education will contact the student(s) in the week prior to the term’s start date to discuss other class options.
- If there are 12 or more students registered for a class, it will be divided into two sections. (For children 9 and under, a new section will be created if more than 10 students register for the class.)
- Course and textbook fees are due in full by the first class session unless other arrangements have been made with the Director of Language Education.
- Textbooks and credit card processing fees are non-refundable.
Cancellation or withdrawal
- If a student/parent withdraws 7 or more days prior to the first class session, they may choose tuition credit toward a future class or request a full tuition refund by emailing email@example.com. For example, if the class begins on Monday evening, you may withdraw without obligation up to the class time on the same day of the previous week.
- If a student/parent withdraws in the 6 days prior to the first class session, 75% of tuition may be refunded by emailing the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If GAI cancels a class, the student/parent will be notified and may choose a tuition credit toward a future class or a full tuition refund.
- No refunds will be offered following the first full class session.
- Class absences do not qualify for refunds.
Questions? Contact Language Services at email@example.com or call 651-222-7027 ext. 101.
- Summer Camps
Withdrawals and transfers
- Withdrawals and transfers for summer camps or afternoon care must be made at least 14 days prior to the program start date.
- The GAI will retain a $50 fee per child for any camp withdrawal, credit card processing fees are non-refundable.
- No cancellations or transfers are possible later than 14 days before the program start date.
- If the GAI cancels a camp, the student/parent will be notified and may choose a credit toward a future camp or a full refund.
- Absences cannot be rescheduled for alternate camps.
- Sick days and other absences will not be refunded.
- Event Tickets
Refunds are not available for cancellations made within one week (seven days) of a program. Credit card fees are non-refundable. While the GAI makes every effort to ensure programs and classes run at capacity, we reserve the right to cancel a program one week prior to its start date if enrollment has not reached the required minimum. Registrants will be notified by phone or email if a program is cancelled. In the event that the GAI cancels a program for any reason, registrants will receive a full refund. Please allow up to one week for refunds to be processed. Cancellation and refund policies may vary for some programs.
GAI keeps waitlists for all filled classes, events, and workshops. Please call 651-222-7027 to be added to a waitlist. We will only contact those on waitlists as space becomes available.
The GAI may close and cancel programs in the case of severe weather. The GAI contacts program registrants directly via email or phone in case of weather closures, and closure information is posted on our website and social media accounts.
In the case that the GAI remains open for programming during inclement weather, absent registrants are not eligible for refunds.
If you have any questions about these policies, please contact our main office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-222-7027.